Why Choose Royal Canadian College of Massage Therapy?
We pride ourselves on creating a relaxed and friendly atmosphere with small class sizes to provide a better one on one opportunity. RCCMT is centrally located in the Greater Toronto Area, is accessible by public transit and within 5 minutes to highways #401 & #404/DVP.
August 10th, 2019
August 20th, 2019
December 10th, 2019
December 20th, 2019
Have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalant such as:
- A Secondary school diploma from another Province or Territory or the United States;
- A General Education Development (GED) issued within Canada or the United States
- A transcript, diploma or certificate from another country, assessed to be at OSSD level by a recognized assessment service
- A Canadian or U.S. post-secondary degree
- A non-Canadian post-secondary diploma or degree that has been assessed as equivalant to a Canadian post-secondary diploma or degree by a recognized assessment service
- Pass a qualifying test is 18 years of age or older
- A copy of your most recent resume
- Two signed character reference letters. A valid reference letter MUST be an original having contact information. Reference letters should relate to suitability for candidacy for the Massage Therapy Diploma Program
- A personal essay (250-500 words) addressing the following points;
- Why do you want to practice massage therapy?
- Discuss what has been your experience with massage therapy?
- What do you have to offer to the massage therapy profession?
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Language Fluency Assessment for students whose first language is not English, unless English is your first language and you have not completed school in North America , and you do not have 3 years full time study at the secondary or college level in a country where English is an official language of common usage
* You will be required to fulfill our Language Assessment Proficiency Policy:
- Successfully undertake an English proficiency test
- Complete RCC ESL
Applicants require all of the above plus:
- A post-secondary transcript from a recognized academic institution's health care degree program. Advanced Standing transcripts must be approved by the RCCMT Director of Education (see 1.2)
THE BEN GROSBERG SCHOLARSHIP:
The Ben Grosberg Scholarship Fund has been established to honour the memory of our founder Ben Grosberg. Ben had a kind heart, and made a differece in many people's life by always being willing to help those in need. He was passionate about his family and his College.
The scholarship in the amount of $1000.00, is awarded annually, in December to the new enrollee in either the January, May or September term who achieves the highest grade.
How much will a Massage therapy education cost?
When calculating expenses per academic year don't forget to include tuition, books and supplies.
Financial Aid Options
Banks and Other Institutions
- Bank and financial institutions offer special programs for students. Find out about a student line of credit, RESP's and student credit cards, as well the (LLP)
- The Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP) allows withdrawals from RRSP's to finance full-time training or education
RCCMT Payment Plans
- Monthly payment plans available
Second Career Strategy Funding
- Second Career Strategy provides laid off workers with financial support and skills training in high-demand occupations. A minimum score of 16 points me be obtained to be eligible. For more information about the program and how to apply visit :https://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/secondcareer/
A student enrolled at RCCMT may claim a tuition tax credit for any tuition paid by the student for that year. An official income tax receipt will be issued to all students.