ESL - English as a Second Language
Location: Royal Canadian College of Massage Therapy, 220 Lesmill Road, Toronto.
Introduction:There are many different kinds of ESL programs designed to meet the needs of individuals with different goals and levels of English. RCC offers group and individual sessions to suit most needs.
Here are some examples::
- Enhanced Language Training (ELT)- Programs that provide job-specific terminology, advanced level English training particularly useful for internationally-trained professionals. Covers Canadian culture and workplace culture, interview skills, and employment preperation.
- ESL Health Care Program-Focus on general medical terminology and the language of healthcare. Also covers Worplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), confidentiality and privacy etc. Optional cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and first-aid traning session available.
- Job preparation programs- Focus on employment advice: resume writing skills, interview etiquette, job searching skills.
- Occupation-specific Language Training (OSLT)- For eligible internationally-trained professionals and tradespeople at Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 6-8 to improve communications skills for work.
- Test Preperation Classes- Classes that help you prepare for certain English ability tests, such as TOEFL or IELTS.
- Basic ESL: For new immigrants or foreign students interested in learning English.- Focus on grammar, reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.